Saturday, February 26, 2011

/Tɔy·pē·di·ârt/




Doraemon in the cross-hairs!

Artist: Soupie

Medium: LEGO

Name of Piece: WALKr v0.00

About: Inspired by my love of keshi mech minifigures and recently the incredible work of Fredo, I decided to try my hand at building a LEGO mech. Afterall, I had spent hundreds of hours as a kid "building LEGOs," as I called it.

So I dug out my LEGO bricks and started slapping pieces together. I had a general idea in my head of what I wanted, but I didn't get anywhere near it. My piece selection was incredibly limited. Many times, I had one or two pieces and a great idea, but needed two more to make the idea work. I also had to use a lot of jank, chewed-up pieces. The legs were the hardest part. It's also when I felt most limited in my piece selection. Thus, the build I ended up using was very fragile, so I had to customize some pieces to reinforce it.

All-in-all, it was terrible fun! It's an amazing creative outlet. I believe this will be the first of many builds to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...